Founded in March 2010, Essintial Enterprise Solutions℠ was born from two established organizations — National Support Services and Halifax Inc. — with decades of enterprise technology support expertise and integrity. Essintial℠ leverages a vast network of national field technicians and a business intelligence team as part of its Managed WorkForce® methodology to deliver data center services, as well as technology deployment, installation, maintenance and managed services.
Essintial leverages an RFID-enabled logistics network of more than 150 forward-stocking locations to provide next-day service to every zip code in the United States and same-day service to over 30,000 locations—including all mid-tier and major metropolitan areas. Its technical assistance center fields more than 40,000 service requests each month for dispatch across nearly 700 field technicians.
With Oracle Field Service Cloud, we’ve transformed the customer experience and effectiveness of our field service operation. It is a phenomenal tool for service technician dispatching and routing. The cloud-based Oracle solution also enables us to reduce costs while increasing service efficiency.”
Tom York, Essintial CEO and SIA President
- Improve customer service and enable the enterprise technology support company to easily and consistently meet stringent service level agreements (SLAs), such as servicing ATMs within two hours of a call
- Optimize operation of the field service organization, which provides diverse technology support and deployment services nationwide, including installing point of sales solutions in large retail chains
- Reduce costs without sacrificing service quality
- Ensure that the company’s field service management solution can scale easily to meet future growth requirements
- Transformed service operations via Oracle Field Service Cloud, part of Oracle Service Cloud—enabling Essintial to boost operational excellence and improve productivity while exceeding customer expectations at a lower cost
- Achieved superior SLA compliance—95% or higher—and thus improved customer satisfaction by automating and accelerating the dispatch of tens of thousands of technology support service calls monthly, including 16,000 monthly ATM service calls
- Optimized service technician routes—boosting technician productivity while cutting average field technician mileage by 10% as well as reducing associated labor and transportation costs
- Improved satisfaction for approximately 1,800 customers by reducing manual steps for Essintial field service personnel and, in turn, delivering faster, more accurate service
- Deployed technicians and closed service tickets 25% faster end-to-end after deploying Oracle Field Service Cloud
- Reassigned nearly 50% of back-office service workforce to other business priorities and growth areas while continuing to grow the organization
- Integrated electronic data interchange environment with Oracle Field Service Cloud to ensure automated communication between technicians, customers, and the company’s headquarters—enabling Essintial to effectively, efficiently, and accurately respond to more than 40,000 monthly service events
- Boosted job satisfaction by enabling the company to analyze the historical performance of every field employee and then create optimal daily routes and schedule
- Accelerated ability to deliver exceptional customer service, eliminated need for up-front IT infrastructure investment, and enabled internal IT team to focus on other value-add initiatives thanks to end-to-end management of field service processes via a cloud-based solution
When searching for a tool to automate its field service organization, Essintial knew that it did not want to incur the initial expense of creating and maintaining an onsite physical infrastructure. For Essintial, up time was also critical to consistently meeting SLAs.
We relied heavily on Gartner’s assessment of Oracle Field Service Cloud as a leader in cloud service solutions—from a scalability as well as excellent uptime perspective. We needed a very flexible platform that would enable us to meet our growth goals. It came down to ClickSoftware and Oracle. We found that Oracle offered a better price point and a more flexible solution. It also guaranteed uptime and offered greater pre-integration options to streamline future build out. The positive customer testimonials are what really took Oracle Field Service Cloud over the goal line.”
Tom York, Essintial CEO and SIA President
Essintial took a phased approach for its Oracle Field Service Cloud implementation, and went live at the beginning of 2014. As part of the implementation process, Essintial integrated the flexible and open Oracle solution with its application programming interface (API) to extend and optimize automation
Article originally featured on oracle.com.